Residency here to stay...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Residency here to stay...

Not a surprise that King Rham has already stated police and fire will have to remain city residents. He was just toying w/ voters when he stated he would consider changing residency requirements. He goes on to state that we are the anchors holding this city together. What we know is that w/ out us living in the city, who would pay for all these dead beat minorities that do nothing all day... They don't contribute anything, why should we be the ones w/ the burdens? Why don't they just come out and say it??! Everyone hates us, but they can't survive w/out us!!! Here is an interesting figure for ya:
    Nine thousand cops and two thousand firefighters in a city of 2.8 million - a mere 0.4% - are holding the whole thing together. Someone write that down for the next contract negotiations.

everyone hates the police so much, they should be happy to see them leave

Comment

Originally posted by 2Legit2Quit View Post
      everyone hates the police so much, they should be happy to see them leave
      that's what I'm talking about!!

Comment

You should be made to live in the city you protect and pay taxes with the rest of the residents that pay your salary, if you dont like the rules or afraid of living in the city move to somewhere safe like oak brook and leave the job to a real man you desk jockey....

Rahm for pres fuck you haters

Comment

Originally posted by Blue Shirt View Post
          Not a surprise that King Rham has already stated police and fire will have to remain city residents. He was just toying w/ voters when he stated he would consider changing residency requirements. He goes on to state that we are the anchors holding this city together. What we know is that w/ out us living in the city, who would pay for all these dead beat minorities that do nothing all day... They don't contribute anything, why should we be the ones w/ the burdens? Why don't they just come out and say it??! Everyone hates us, but they can't survive w/out us!!! Here is an interesting figure for ya:
          Nine thousand cops and two thousand firefighters in a city of 2.8 million - a mere 0.4% - are holding the whole thing together. Someone write that down for the next contract negotiations.
          I have a feeling that percentage is a little higher when you include their family. It might be a mere 1%, but when you do the math based on income, I'm sure that brings the number up higher.

Comment

Originally posted by Hater View Post
            You should be made to live in the city you protect and pay taxes with the rest of the residents that pay your salary, if you dont like the rules or afraid of living in the city move to somewhere safe like oak brook and leave the job to a real man you desk jockey....
            Why does it work for the rest of the country?????? Only Chicago and Milwaukee remain as the only cities that require their city workers to live within the city... It's because the minority voters will bitch and moan when their free ride is over!!!! You can take that to the bank!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by twin View Post
              I have a feeling that percentage is a little higher when you include their family. It might be a mere 1%, but when you do the math based on income, I'm sure that brings the number up higher.
              If you add to that all the undocumented city residents then that 0.4% may be too high!!!!!!!!

Comment

Again, you're numbers are off. You must not have majored in anything involving math.

First, as of the 2010 census, chicago is just shy of 2.7 million people.
                Again, this includes people of all ages. So those lets just say for this we will assume all those that are under the age of 18 do not produce an income. Chop 25% off that number.
                new number is:2,700,000 - 675,000 = 2,025,000
                Roughly 10% are at the age of 65. Lets assume they are all retired. (I'm sure they are plently of people that don't, but there are also a ton of people that retire before 65)
                So another 10% off the org number. = 270,000
                unemployment = another 10% (roughly) = 270,000
                So we're at 1,485,000 people with jobs.
                20% of those people live below poverty(old data, in current time I have a feeling it would be higher)
                So lets assume the only city workers we have are police and fire. That your trash magicly disappears, that the city doesn't pay street and sanitation, all those workers at the city building, meter maids, O'hare, aldermans, etc...
                per wikipedia:
                Police:
                Officers 13,500 (2010) (I know every cop says they are undermaned, but they really never know the truth? It's always hear say)
                Unsworn members 1,925 (2010)

FF:
                4,314 firefighters and 619 paramedics

for a grand total of 20,358.

So out of 2.7 mill people it comes out to .8%

But if you look it it as a big picture. 1,485,000 with jobs ( which is most likely WAY high as it does not include house wifes, young adults going to school, pretty much anyone without a job that isn't on umemployment)

Police and fire make up about 1.5% of the total income. ( which the city can tax).

Now, as i stated before, 20% of those people live below poverty. It takes atleast 3 or 4 of them in taxes to equal one police officer.

There is no doubt in my mind that IF they allowed the city workers to leave and lets assume they ALL did, The city would lose 30% to 40% of their revenue. Not to mention crime would be higher. Less people in the city, less city workers needed. Hello Layoffs.
                Last edited by twin; 03-20-2011, 03:47 PM.

Comment

Your logic is flawed. It's simply not a numbers game as a percentage of taxpayers who hold a job in the city. It's the % as a whole. How can you subtract kids under 18 and retirees?? We are still paying for them, whether it be city programs, welfare, public housing, Chicago public school education, free lunches and after school programs, etc... the list could go on and on. And you didn't count the huge population of undocumented immigrants that the census didn't pick up. They say they do count them but many fear deportation and don't report... And the unemployed, taxpayers are fittin' the bill for these guys too. Head to the ghetto and see how many have jobs are held by these guys. I'll give you a hint, they're far and few. Who do you think is paying for those 40oz'ers at 7 in the morning?? Us, the taxpayers which are a percentage of the whole. There are no free rides around here, someone has to pay for it!
                  And who ever mentioned ALL city workers getting to live outside the city?? I only stated Police and Fire!! If its good enough for the Teacher's Union, it should be good enough for us. They claim they are able to get better candidates to teach in our schools by expanding outside the city. I think it would be a great idea for police and fire as well. Get a bigger and better pool of candidates. Wouldn't you want the best and most qualified police officer or fire personal responding to your emergency? I would. I have seen some of the guys that the city hires, and I am frankly shocked and appalled at some of them. They don't deserve to be on the job but are hired because of powers beyond my comprehension.
                  Look at the big and REAL picture, this is the most corrupt city in this country. If they would just admit they NEED our resources to pay for the poor and the lazy, I would be willing to accept it a little more. But they try to sugar coat it and say we are the core and anchors to the communities. Yeah, to our communities, where there isn't litter strung about, disrespectful children, abandoned and dilapidated houses, and dope dealers on every corner. How about those communities start taking care of their own shit. They ask for stuff and the city must oblige or the elected officials would be considered racist and such. Then they wont get re-elected and they would have to find a real job. They don't care as long as they have their steady paycheck. If I went to these suspect areas and tried to help out, I run the risk of getting robbed or shot. There is almost no value for respect, the law, and human life there, w/ the exception of a VERY small population in those areas. All we provide is a monetary resource to those shitty areas and that's the honest truth! And to be frank, that's all they care about too!!!!!!!!!! It's like it's owed to them and they don't see the real value they're receiving. It's suppose to be temporary till they can get back on their feet, but are paid to generation after generation... I've heard it too many times firsthand in these suspect areas, "FREE MONEY" followed by a small chuckle!!!!!! Free to them, at a huge cost to us...

Comment

I agree with everything Blue Shirt is saying. He seems like he's on the up and up.

Comment

Working...
                    X