Candidate Military Deferment For Chicago Police Department

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Candidate Military Deferment For Chicago Police Department

I have question about military deferments for candidates. My military unit is planning to put me on active orders, but I'm also a candidate for the Chicago Police, and NYPD.

I'm on the list for NYPD, and they already agreed to place me on military deferment with no questions asked. All I had to do was provide proof of my existing on-going military service, and now I have letter-in-hand from NYPD.

I anticipate being on the list for Chicago soon, but my upcoming orders will cause conflict in such way that I cannot immediately take the job. My preference is to work for CPD.

I called various departments within the city asking about military deferment, but no one seems to have an answer. Anyone have any experience with this scenario? Request is for guidance. Thanks.

I would have to think CPD also has military deferment as well. Some #'s to possibly call: Recruit Processing 312-745-5230; Human Resources 312-745-5369.
    So you already took the exam? How far have you progressed through the pre-hiring process?

Comment

Working...
    X