Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is anyone in the pre-hiring process currently?? 01/2013

01/03ish/2013

Hello. Does ANYONE have info on what is going on with the CPD's hiring process lately? They picked my lottery #, I passed the POWER test, drug test, medical exam, took the written psych and did the psych interview. I haven't heard from these ppl since November 2012.

Anyone in the same situation?

Is there any way I can find out what's happening?
    I don't mean to be annoying....but life is moving along over here at my place and I'd like to know if the CPD is on my docket for the future. Haha!

Any info would be much appreciated!!

Have a friend in the same boat. maybe they took a break during the holidays?

Comment

Well, I called the police dept today...the office of recruit processing. To ask!!
      The man was friendly and informative.
      He said that yes, the two major holidays back-to-back always slows their processes down quite a bit.

And....i told him that my last phase was the Psych Evaluation.
      He said that if a candidate is disqualified, they will be informed right away.
      Otherwise, all their info is sent to CA (idk why??) and the "decision" is made by ppl out there. That process can take a while.
      And apparently it is not uncommon for a candidate to be waiting, with no response, for a long while.
      Anyway....no news is good news, I guess.

Comment

Good to hear

Comment

buddy received an e-mail saying he failed his psych

Comment

In November I took 2nd POWER test, poly & another drug screen but have never heard back. I've called the investigators that I had previously been in contact with but they just notified me that my file was probably still under review. Anyone in same situation or have advice?

Comment

That's weird that they said it's "probably" still under review. They should have gave you a definitive answer. They know what's going on, probably just too lazy to look you up. Best answer is to be patient. If you haven't been formally rejected, you should have nothing to worry about. What was your approximate lottery # and were you a second chance candidate, i. e. missed earlier parts of testing process for any reason?

Comment

Yeah, my buddy from another dept. keeps telling me that no news is good news. I was part of a group that was not informed of POWER test on 11/24/2012 until an investigator called to ask why I wasn't there. I was able to take it on make up day 11/26 - same day as poly. Also filled out tax forms, residency verification & another drug screen that day so I thought it was a good sign.
                I havent heard a peep since without initiating contact. I really hope this isn't an indication of how things are conducted around there and that there's some other log jam or explanation for the lack of feedback.

Comment

Hiring Process

I am still waiting to get hired, as far as I know I have completed all the necessary steps to be hired.
                  Power Test
                  All paper work turned in.
                  Drug and Background screening
                  Psychology Test
                  Lie Detector
                  In Home Visit
                  Friends and co-workers have filled out and returned documents

Am I missing anything or is this just the waiting for the call??

Comment

You'll receive another notice to appear for the final power test. With successful completion of that, you'll start the academy in 2 to 3 weeks.

Comment

Also check this out for status updates: https://portal.chicagopolice.org/por...tment%20Status

Comment

So, I called the Investigations division of the CPD, to try to get more info on what's going on with my paper work.

I was told that my File was under review, something in my background....

Funny thing is that :

I have not crimes what so ever.
                        I have never smoked, snorted and for that case seen drugs in person.
                        Verfied employment record
                        No really bad credit history
                        Verifed school transcripts.
                        Posted anything dumb on the internet

Just wondering why it would be under review, is under review just a generic term?

Comment

Originally posted by The_Dude View Post
                          In November I took 2nd POWER test, poly & another drug screen but have never heard back. I've called the investigators that I had previously been in contact with but they just notified me that my file was probably still under review. Anyone in same situation or have advice?
                          you ever make it in? that's a long wait for after the second power test.

Comment

I called again last week and got the same runaround response. Anyone that isn't picked by the next open testing at the end of this year is supposedly going to be dropped from eligibility. The personnel investigator that I spoke with informed me that there will be new classes starting each month so I carry some hope on that news. I was no angel growing up but I am definitely 10+ years removed from anything that I thought would be an issue. Maybe I'm wrong about that but I wish they'd officially cut me loose if that is the case. Otherwise, lets do this!

Comment

Originally posted by The_Dude View Post
                              I called again last week and got the same runaround response. Anyone that isn't picked by the next open testing at the end of this year is supposedly going to be dropped from eligibility. The personnel investigator that I spoke with informed me that there will be new classes starting each month so I carry some hope on that news. I was no angel growing up but I am definitely 10+ years removed from anything that I thought would be an issue. Maybe I'm wrong about that but I wish they'd officially cut me loose if that is the case. Otherwise, lets do this!
                              I heard they are hiring 50 per month till December.

Comment

Working...
                              X