2013 CPD entrance exam?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2013 CPD entrance exam?

Rumor has it that they're planning for a 2013 Chicago Police Department exam in September of 2013. We'll see if it holds true. My advice is to make sure you have your 60 college credits if you want to take the test.

Military Make up emails?

For the military make up exam being held June 1, 2013. I received an email from the cpd stating they will send another email notifying me to pay the 30 dollars for the exam. Does anyone know when these emails will be going out to us?

Comment

December 2013 is the target date now for the exam. Check out this link to sign up for a free prep class provided by Bernstein and Associates.
      New Chicago Police Entrance Exam | FOP - Lodge 7 Chicago

Comment

December 2013 is the target date now for the exam. Check out this link to sign up for a free prep class provided by Bernstein and Associates.
        New Chicago Police Entrance Exam | FOP - Lodge 7 Chicago

Comment

Can anyone give me the rundown for how the CPD process works? First time testing with this agency. From Indianapolis.

Comment

Originally posted by IndyHeat68 View Post
            Can anyone give me the rundown for how the CPD process works? First time testing with this agency. From Indianapolis.

IN 2010 when I took the test, you had to fill out the app online, make sure you submit your college credits and your DL otherwise you will get dropped. Once you do that, they called us to take the entrance test @ McCormick. Once that is done and you pass, they send you an e-mail with your drawing #.

once your # is called, you will report to take the power test, drug tests, finger printing, and a small 150 questions test. They used to give people a large packet with a ton of questions to fill out, but now do it online. you have like 4 days to answer a bunch of background questions.

The following week you report to take the 1,000+ question psych test(MMPI). (ex. Does fire excite you? Do you want to be a racecar driver, have you ever though about suicide, was your mother a good mother, do you want to be a teacher, etc...)

After you take the MMPI, you will get a date to go see a doctor.
            They will take blood, urine, hearing test, lung test(how fast and long you can blow into a machine), vision, color blindness, EKG, and a routine check by the doc.

They will also give you a date for what is called part B of the psych test, where you meet with a shrink to go over some of the questions you answered(ones they didn't like).

Poly graph somewhere in this time frame will be scheduled.

Background people with get in touch with you to fill out the same questions you have answered a millions times at this point. You have 24 hours to fill it out online. (My fav is them wanting all prev. relationship history with phone numbers).
            Final power test. yeap, you have to do it all again. The test is only good for 30 or 45 days, or something in that range. If you aren't offered a spot in that time frame, you get to retake it.

once everything above is passed, you will get a letter to join the academy.
            Last edited by twin; 07-31-2013, 12:01 AM.

Comment

It states that you have to have 60 credit hours at time of HIRE. Is this correct? I currently have around 50.

Comment

Before the website went down it also stated that you could apply when you are 18, so they would have to take the credit hours at the time of hire.

Comment

pretty sure you need to have it at the time you apply. at least I know that was the case before.

Comment

I do know that was the case before. But there has been many changes this time. They would have to allow it if they are letting 18 year olds apply. We'll see though! Thanks for the input twin! Appreciate it!

Comment

Is there an estimate of how many more police officers will be hired for the city of Chicago for 2013-2014?

Comment

I don't think anyone knows that besides Rham.

Comment

Requirements for taking the test

Is it possible to take the test without having all the credit hours, I am currently enrolled at DeVry university and at this point I I don't have all the credit hour. Should I wait to take the protest and the test or will they let me take the test and put me on the waiting list until I get the credit hours?

Comment

Yes, David. You can take the written (which I hear is going to be in December) as long as you've reached the age of 18 by December 31st. Most of the requirements are "at the time of hire".

Comment

From the 024 CAPS office:
                              The Chicago Police Department has announced that they will be holding an entrance examination for those interested in a career with the Chicago Police Department.

Online applications are being accepted between 01 August 2013 and 16 September 2013.

Comment

Working...
                              X