CPD Academy Cheat Sheet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CPD Academy Cheat Sheet

For people that will some day enter the Chicago Police Academy, I thought it would be a good idea to give new recruits a heads-up of some of the rules that must be followed once there. I'll name one and let others respond and name another.

1) Always walk on the right hand side of the hallway and in single file.

2) Keep your hands out of your pockets.

Comment

3. when you walk past or see an officer or supervisor, always greet w/ a "hello sir", "good morning sir", or "good afternoon sir", etc...

Comment

4. Always have your state notebook with you

Comment

5) clean shaven

Comment

6) Nails trimmed

Comment

Good info!

Comment

Be on time for all classes.
                proper socks! non-stripe white ankle socks in your sweats, black socks in khakis or suits.
                If in suits, always wear a sports coat/jacket and tie. all buttons must be buttoned when in the hallway!
                Always carry everything in your left hand(or dominant hand), this leaves your gun hand free.
                Do not carry bags with the should strap, must be in your hand!
                No hats on in the building
                Make sure when you address anyone in the building with a hello, you look them in the eyes, not staring at the floor.
                When in khakis, you are to wear a white shirt under the top, not your gym t-shirt.
                watch on at all times minus when in gym class.
                No hats or any other clothes with CPD markings. only exp is the CPD BASEBALL cap for flag duty and firearms. Don't let anyone catch you wearing the CPD beanie/skullcap to or from the building.
                When you have your jacket on, it must be zippered and all the buttons snapped down.
                You are not to wear your CPD jacket to and from the building unless you are in uniform.
                Do not get caught changing in your car outside of the building.
                Do not change in the hallway. Pretty sure you are not suppose to be changing in the bathrooms either, locker rooms only.
                No phones in the building at all, leave them in your car or at home.
                When you are going to be late, be sure to contact the duty desk, your class commander, and/or HRI.
                Make sure to ask for all the power points to study from, the instructors should give them to you.
                Don't be scared to ask the older classes for help! They will more than likely share all their info/files with you!

Comment

Good morning. I just passed my polygraph test. What's the next step after that?

Comment

Working...
                  X